Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I am rather irritated. I spent an hour and a half last night loading my Detroit pics and blogging about my trip when blogger decided to have technical difficulties and I lost it all. I'm just gonna tell you guys about my trip and try to load the pics later on tonight. My trip wasn't all that exciting so I don't want to keep you all in suspence just to be let down by a boring entry.
We got to Ford field at about ten in the morning on Friday and Abby came down to give us all passes into the stadium. Leslie said we would only be there for about an hour, two at the most. So, six hours later we are still waiting for Leslie to finish hanging out with her friends so we can go. We are starving or at least that's what it feels like because it's been over nine hours scince our last meal. Finally, we get to go to the hotel. It's a beautiful hotel but a tad confusing. We had to take an elevator to the third floor for the lobby and then a second set of elevators to our room which wasn't so bad compared to trying to find the Starbucks, but that's another story. Leslie went back to ATF for the evening service so Mrs. Hall, Penny, Ethen, and I decided to find some food. Leslie took the car so we decided to take the People Mover. It's a neat system of electric cars that ride on elevated track that only costs fifty cents to ride. It cost Mrs. Hall 1.50 however, as she had the Dickens of a time trying to get the gate to open. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe which was a first for me. Good cheeseburgers. We went to Ben & Jerry's for dessert, yummm. We were going to check out some shops but the shops all closed at seven and the streets were deserted. Kinda errie really. I'm glad we decided to go back to the hotel anyway cause my poor little tummy wasn't feeling very good. There was a RedWings game going on so we had to wait for a while before we found a people mover with enough room for all of us and the stroller.
Day two saw Leslie back at the stadium and the rest of us spent the day at the malls. We checked out the Auburn Hills mall and it was so huge that by nine o clock at night we still hadn't finished looking so we decide to come back on day three. Now, I'm not much of a shopper so this all day shopping stuff was a stretch for me and I think I've had my fill of malls for at least a year, maybe two, but, Sandy and Penny...I think they could shop for days and weeks. By the time I got back to the hotel my poor little feets were so tired they crawled into bed before I did. At least I did find a couple of things on Sunday so the shopping wasn't all in vain. Did you know that a gourmet chocolate covered strawberry only costs three dollars! I passed on that deal. I enjoyed getting to know Penny a little more and exploring the hotel was fun but, I really didn't see Leslie much and that was kinda wierd because she's the one that invited me in the first place. I'm glad to be back. I missed my blogger buddies and I just put a laptop on the top of my wish list.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Sorry to hear the blogger bombed and lost your stuff.

About your trip; doesn't sound like the most fun you ever had, but you got to see Detroit, ride on a people-mover, eat at Hard Rock, Ben & Jerry's, and go shopping. Guess it beats staying home and watching American Idol or something, right?

8:04 AM  
Blogger Stephenie said...

lol that sounds like something that would happen to mrs. hall! i just love her! she's like a second mom. :) glad you're back.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

I know it is very irritating when you lose all of your post, I was commenting on someone else's blog and the whole was lost twice! I couldn't believe it! You know when you are sooo frustrated that you can't help but laugh, well I was past that! :{
I enjoyed having devotions with you via the cell phone. Another good thing about when you were gone,is that I appreciated you that much more when you returned!
;~)
Thanks for bringing me "Cinnabons" home too. They are, by far, the best cinnamon rolls ever! I still can't believe that I shared! Can you?

10:54 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I'm just glad you're back Anna.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home