Mrs. Dunwoody's
My dear friend Stephenie pointed out a book at Barnes and Noble this weekend that caught my attention and I decided to purchase. I haven't been able to put it down! The book is called Mrs. Dunwoody's Excellent Instructions For Homekeeping. It is such great book! It's filled with advise and recipes, tips and wisdom for any woman! Some insights in the book are how to tell when a watermelon is ripe (one side should be yellow) or how to get out ring around the collar (apply a paste of vinegar and baking soda and let set for fifteen to thirty minutes then wash as usual.) to advise for entertaining and the best way to show sympathy when someone loses a loved one. It suggests starting your day with prayer and finding your happiness in the things God has called you to do.
Doing all things with excellence, even the things we would normally complain about. That being a homemaker is an important and Godly calling. I highly recommend this book.
Doing all things with excellence, even the things we would normally complain about. That being a homemaker is an important and Godly calling. I highly recommend this book.




1 Comments:
Yes, I love it. Thanks for buying it for me too! I'm planning a post surrounding some of her advice in the future. Some of it is hilarious and outdated, but some of it is really, really good!
Post a Comment
<< Home