I'm...so...tired.
I've been on the go for a couple of days now. I get up at six and head out for work between six-thirty and seven, then after a full day there I come home just to turn around and leave to run errands or whatnot, then I've been working on Christmas decorations after that till eight-thirty or so and that leaves me with just enough time to blog this and think of all the projects I still have to accomplish before the week is over. Do you know who I really like to read? David. I love to read the Psalms because whenever David was in a fix or made a mistake, he poured out his heart to God and he always ended with rejoicing in his Savior. Take the thirteenth Psalm just for an example. After David pleads with God to answer him and asks God to hear him, to save him, lest he perish, he says: "But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the Lord, he hath dealt bountifully with me." It is a declaration of faith over fear. David trusted in his God and even in the darkest of times when his soul seemed overwhelmed he would remember that his God was the God of his Salvation. I hope this brings you encouragement. I'm gonna go crash now.




5 Comments:
David also likes to begin his conversations with God with Praise and adoration. A good example for us all.
That's a good point. God sometimes hides his face, and leaves his own children in the dark concerning their interest in him: and this they lay to heart more than any outward trouble whatever. But anxious cares are heavy burdens with which believers often load themselves more than they need. The bread of sorrows is sometimes the saint's daily bread; our Master himself was a man of sorrows. It is a common temptation, when trouble lasts long, to think that it will last always. Those who have long been
without joy, begin to be without hope. We should never allow ourselves to make any complaints but what drive us to our knees. Nothing is more killing to a soul than the want of God's favour; nothing more reviving than the return of it. So let faith triumph over fear and let God be God.
And what can be said but Amen. To God be all glory given.
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. David takes his focus off his problems and focus's on God's goodness and love. He may not see it but, by faith and in hope, claimsit, opening the door, by his faith, for God to work things for David's good and God's glory. I look up to David - his example of praise & worship, and standing on who God is in spite of what he sees and feels. I'm still growing here & thanks for reminding me Anna to stand on who God is, not what I see & feel.
Good encouraging words. Wow we have a lot to learn don't we. Even when we think we learn it, we end up having to have another lesson. I'm so grateful for God's grace!
Post a Comment
<< Home