Found it!
I resently used the term "left in the lurch" and I was asked where this term came from. I found the origin on a web site and now I am posting it for all of you curious minds. left in the lurch - left stranded or perplexed - the word 'lurch' originates from 16th century French 'lourche', a game like backgammon; a 'lurch' in the card-game cribbage meant only scoring 31 against an opponent's score of 61, and this meaning of being left well behind was transferred to other games before coming into wider metaphoric use.




4 Comments:
Wow, good job Anna! I always pictured being in the lurch as my feet stuck in muck I can't get out of and being left there by others. I went into work about 11:30 AM and Ron, Kelley, and the kids were just leaving. Your check is on the desk by the calculator if you have a chance to pick it up. Have a wonderful manicotti dinner & birthday party tomorrow!
I stopped in to see Rose today. She looks tired but not bad for major surgery. The manicotti was wonderful if I do say so myself. I was at work at 4:10am. I know it's insane but It was just how it worked out. Hope your week is great and I will think of you and pray for you.
Rats. You beat me to it.
Thanks Anna & I'll be thinking of you and praying for you too!:)
Post a Comment
<< Home